Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Youtube Inspiration and motivation

So my inspirations on youtube goes pretty far back, I've worked on Bravest Warriors which was incredibly fun and amazing, I've done work for Machinima, which was also unique and gave me great experience with filming and story telling. But the show that started my peak and interest into everything started between ego raptors early work, and the show Red vs Blue.

Red vs blue is one of the earliest concept of machinima, and became incredibly popular over the years after its initial release. It used in game character models from halo, and voices that replaced the original audio over them. It used witty dialogue and banter to tell a strange yet interesting story about two factions, red and blue, to fight one another. It was through this show i began Machinima myself, and wound up working for the company doing similar shorts. After a while my film work felt limited, and i couldn't capture everything I imagined. So I saw cartoons were becoming popular on youtube, and I began to take up drawing in the pursuit to learn animation.

Ego raptor was one of the many animators on youtube that caught my eye, his strange sense of humor was very modern, and overall just natural and goofy. I always laughed because of the circumstances he'd place his characters in such as the short poke-awesome, a pokemon parody. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHG-JO8gIGk&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrHG-JO8gIGk&has_verified=1

After I lean red the fundamentals of drawing at Ringling, I took it upon myself to make my senior thesis an animated 2D short, and was very happy I was able to accomplish what i sought to do for so long. I plan on continuing animation after school, and pushing my skills and knowledge even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment