Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Writing Assessment

1. There are symbols in the story, but the most prevelent one is the narrator/ mad scientist who wrote the story for his partner. The character is a symbol of the unknown/ becoming known. It represents the basis of the story, and drives us ,the unknowingly partner, along to see why the fiance is a crazy scientist.
2. I made a strange connection with the mad scientist, not that there were any other characters to connect with. I connected with the will to put hard work into a subject, and then sharing it with the world. In the story the shared connection is a secret evil lab of some sort, for me  it's an animation I've worked on for the past year. In some way we can typically connect with characters, even if they are the exact opposite of how we behave.
3. If I had to adapt this story into another medium I'd probably choose graphic novel. The biggest change I'd make would be adding illustrations of course, but I'd want the story to move and be told in a similar pace. As the story progresses, It would be interesting to show and see what the mad scientist is referring to in his personal stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment